1. PERSONAL DETAILS
1.2. Customer service
Mileage Book collects GPS coordinates in the background when the user has started a trip. In addition, Mileage Book collects general, non-personally identifiable data such as date, time, and car mileage.
2.1. Data types and purposes
Collected in the background when users have started a trip in the app.
- At start and end position, the app uses internet services to find start and end address.
- GPS coordinates are stored on our servers and allow the user to draw the route traveled on a map, as well as mark visited addresses on a map.
- The GPS coordinates are used to calculate distances of the route traveled.
Date and time
- Use the date and time to document the trip.
- Date and time are used for sorting travel data.
- When exporting data, both the app and the website provide an opportunity to export a given period.
The car's mileage reading
- Used the car's mileage reading to document the trip driven.
Access photos on the phone
- Access to photos is used to link an image of a receipt with an out-of-pocket cost.
2.2. Access and collection of data
Access to GPS data and phone pictures only takes place with the prior consent of the user. This is done initially with the acceptance of Mileage Book’s subscription terms when creating an account. When using the app, the user must re-confirm Mileage Book’s access to and collection of location data as well as the use of the camera.
2.3. Data sharing
Mileage Book A/S does not share data with third parties, except the sub-processors Mileage Book A/S uses to operate Mileage Book.
2.4. Limitation of data in relation to cause and use
Collection and use of GPS data and access to phone images is a requirement for primary functions of the app - namely registering driving data based on continuously collected GPS coordinates and registering outlays in the system based on photographed receipts.
Data processing is limited to this purpose only and therefore never used in other contexts.
2.5. Data encryption
All information collected through the Mileage Books website and our app, is stored on Mileage Book’s servers hosted by Microsoft Azure. The communication between the Mileage Book site and server, as well as communication between the Mileage Book app and server takes place through a secure SSL-encrypted connection.
When we collect and process information about you, you have a number rights about your personal information at Mileage Book.
3.1 Right to information about data
You have the right to see the personal information that Mileage Book processes about you and receive a number of information about the processing.
In addition, you have the right to receive a range of information about how Mileage Book processes your personal information. Among other things:
- What is the purpose of the treatment
- Who shares Mileage Book your personal information with
- Information about the period in which your personal data is stored
- Where your personal information comes from
You can log in to the Mileage Books platform at any time to view, correct and update the entered information we store about you.
Alternatively, you can contact Mileage Books support at firstname.lastname@example.org which will give you insight into a number of information about the personal information about you we process.
3.2. Right to have data corrected
You have the right to have incorrect personal information about you corrected. You also have the right to have Mileage Book complete incomplete personal information about you.
If you and Mileage Book disagree as to whether the personal information is incorrect, Mileage Book should note that you believe that information about you is incorrect. Mileage Book is also obliged to notify those to whom it may have passed on the incorrect or incomplete personal information.
You can log in to the Mileage Book platform at any time to view, correct and update the entered information we store about you.
Alternatively, you can contact Mileage Book support at email@example.com. Our support department can help you with how to edit and update your personal information.
3.3. Right to have data erased
In principle, you have the right to have your personal data deleted by Mileage Book if one of a number of conditions mentioned in the Data Protection Regulation is met.
The conditions for deletion can i.a. be:
- The purpose of Mileage Book's processing of your personal informaton is no longer relevant.
- Mileage Book only processes your personal information on the basis of a consent that you have now withdrawn.
- The processing of your personal data is illegal.
If Mileage Book is obligated to delete your personal information, we are also obliged to notify third parties to whom your information has been disclosed.
You always have access to delete your information. Mileage Book stores your personal information for 3 months after the end of the subscription - unless we for accounting or legal reasons consider it necessary to keep it longer.
If you have a FREE account, we will delete your account incl. your personal information after 12 months of inactivity.
3.4 Right to restriction of data processing
You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted if one of a number of conditions is met.
The conditions include:
- You do not believe that the personal information Mileage Book processes about you is correct.
- You believe that Mileage Book processes your information, but you do not want it deleted. Instead, you rcan equest limited treatment.
- You have exercised your right to object to Mileage Books' processing of your personal data.
You control any restriction of Mileage Books' processing of your personal data, as you have control over all user rights.
3.5. Right to data portability
First, you have the right to receive the personal information about you that you have provided to Mileage Book. The personal information must be sent to you in a readable format.
You also have the right to request that your personal information be transferred from Mileage Book to another data controller, if technically possible and if two conditions are met:
- The processing of your information is automatic and based on your consent or is necessary to fulfill a contract.
- You have provided the information that Mileage Book processes.
You can export all your registered trips and driving accounts, which are in Mileage Books' system, at any time.
3.6. Right to objection
Although the processing of your personal data is lawful, you have the right to object to it.
When Mileage Book receives your objection, we will decide whether your objection is justified. It can e.g. be that you come up with "compelling reasons" against the processing of your personal data. In such cases, Mileage Book must reconsider whether the processing of your information is necessary.
3.7. Right not to be subject of automatic decision
You have the right not to be the object of a automatic decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling included.
An automatic treatment or decision means that there is no natural person involved.
Du har ret til, at afgørelser, der har betydelig påvirkning på dig (f.eks. retsvirkning), ikke kun er baseret på automatisk behandling.
4. DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT
The General Data Protection Regulation states that there must exsist an Data Processing Agreement between your company and Mileage Book. Your company are data controller regarding the personl information we process on behalf of your company. The Data Processing Agreement is an instruction to us in how to process yours as well as other customer's and partner's personal data. See our Data Processing Agreement.